José María García Guirao
Managing Partner – Tax Area
José María García Guirao is the managing partner of the Tax Area at Devesa & Calvo Abogados. García Guirao has amassed significant experience in providing tax advice to national and international companies. Having joined from Garrigues, where he was manager of the Tax Litigation Area, and from PricewaterhouseCoopers, he has helped companies in different industries to optimise their taxation and he is a consummate specialist in tax litigation and tax inspections.
Passionate about tax matters, José María García Guirao complements his professional activity in our firm with teaching. In this regard, he teaches classes on tax procedure as a professor on renowned postgraduate programmes : the Master’s degree in Fiscal Advice at FUNDESEM Business School and the Master’s degree in Taxation at the UA.
- Devesa & Calvo Abogados. Managing partner of the Tax Area (January 2019-present).
- Garrigues. Senior partner and manager of the Tax Litigation Area (2006-January 2019).
- Professor on the Master’s in Corporate Fiscal Advice at FUNDESEM Business School (April 2012-present).
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC). Fiscal Area associate (2002-2006).
- Practising lawyer of the Bar Association.
- Master’s degree in Taxation – Instituto de Estudios Fiscales (Institute of Fiscal Studies).
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- Co-author of the Thomson Aranzadi – Aranzadi Spanish Real Estate Law Manual, 2021
- Recognized by Bestlawyers as tax law specialist with a mention “Lawyer of the year” in 2020